Links with other Schools and Organisations
LINKS WITH OTHER SCHOOLS AND ORGANISATIONS
As a standalone academy we are very conscious of the fact that we do not want to become isolated. It is essential to work with and learn from other organisations. Learning is supported by co-operation and the sharing of good practice. To this end we have formed close links with the following:
North West Kent Teaching School Alliance
NWKTSA is the result of a collaboration between Dartford Grammar School and Wilmington Grammar School for Girls, after both schools were independently awarded ‘Teaching School status’ by the National College for Teaching and Leadership in June 2016.
Wentworth was part of the original Teaching School Alliance bid and as such has greatly benefitted from the alliance’s drive to make significant improvements in the quality of teaching, leadership, recruitment and pupil attainment. This is within a framework of a self-improving and sustainable school led system.
In particular we greatly appreciate the support and partnership with Dartford Grammar School which has:
- Supported us with outreach language teaching to introduce Japanese into our Year 6 curriculum.
- Shared music events and collaboration around Artsmark accreditation.
- Allowed us to become involved in the Teacher Direct programme, enabling us to help train and grow our own staff.
- Given the opportunity for a senior leader to visit Japan to experience their education system. This will support a school wide ‘Cultures of the World’ week in the Summer term.
- Provided a class of 32 Year 3 children with individual violin lessons as part of the Red Rooster project from the Mick Jagger Centre.
- Led us to competing in cricket competitions as part of the school’s MCC day.
- Access to middle leadership training for two staff.
We look forward to further developing these links and projects.
Dartford Area Schools Consortium (DASCO)
We are an active member of DASCO with the SLT attending both conferences and planning meetings.
Staff are actively involved in the Maths, English, Science, Computing and Music groups. Through this a Dartford wide mathematics calculation policy has been established as well as a computing programme of study.
Our local consortium of schools is made up of Wentworth, West Hill, Joydens Wood Juniors, Wilmington, Maypole and Our Lady’s.
The Headteacher’s of these schools meet three times a year and organise a range of events. One of the most important of these being cross school moderation. So far, in the 2016/17 academic year there has been moderation of Year 2 Maths and Writing, Year 6 Maths and Writing and Year 3 Writing.
School Improvement Partner
As a Good school and an academy we are entitled to two half day visits from a school improvement partner to support our own monitoring and evaluation. We have purchased additional time to receive three whole day visits, one per term to focus on our school development. This time has also been used to provide Governor support. This package ensures there is challenge to our work.
Kent Medway Training
Please click link below to watch the KMT promotional video.