FAMILY LIAISON OFFICER
Hello, I would like to introduce myself I am the family liaison worker for parents, carers and families of children at Wentworth Primary School.
I am available to offer advice and support to parents and carers in any matters concerning your child or children’s education and development. I work in partnership with you, helping you to help your child learn and enjoy their school years by providing support, information and guidance. I can meet you on a 1:1 basis – in school, on a home visit or over the phone providing information on a range of issues, practical help, as well as offering a friendly listening ear.
I am available from 8.30am until 4.00pm Monday, Tuesday and Thursdays and can be contacted on my mobile 07552 634463, via the school office or in the playground at drop off and collection times. Please feel free to contact me for a chat and coffee.
I can help with:
- support for you with your child’s learning and school attendance
- provide advice and support on ways to improve your child\’s behaviour
- provide support and signpost local and national services that can help you and your child eg housing, debt, welfare, abuse, bereavement etc
- help and support you and your child throughout their development and to help you to maintain a positive relationship
- provide parenting support and guidance
- provide behaviour courses in school for parents/carers
- signposting for adult learning opportunities
- help with form filling or on online applications relating to your child
- plus anything else that may be causing you concern.
If a child is content with their home environment this will prove to have a positive effect on their learning and will help your child meet their potential.